Connecting with people around you; with family, friends, neighbours or people you meet, at work, school or at the shops is really important for your wellbeing. Building these relationships will support and strengthen you every day.
Easy ways to connect
- Engage more with others by smiling and catching their eye.
- Invite a friend for a ‘walk and talk’.
- Invite a friend over for a meal.
- Write an email or a letter to a friend or relative.
- Say “Hi” or “Hello” and greet people by their name.
- Try to get the conversation going using small talk (“It’s been cold lately”, or “I like the scarf you’re wearing”).
- Find something you share in common to talk about.