The smallest acts of kindness can make a big difference! Whether it’s a smile, a “thank you” or a kind word.
Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can also make a difference to the life of others and your own.
Whether large or small, helping others can make you feel happier and more satisfied with life
Easy Ways to Give and Help Others
- Say ‘Hello’ to a neighbour and see if they want help with anything.
- Say “thank you” to someone for something they’ve done for you.
- Phone a relative or friend who needs support or company.
- Offer to lend a hand if you see a stranger struggling with bags or a pushchair.
- Offer to help with the household chores or do your share of them.
- Offer to mind children or the elderly to give others a break. Listen to the concerns of your parents and ensure they are linked to the services they need to continue with their independence.
Get Into Volunteering
If you are looking for something a little bit more formal. You can visit the Staffordshire volunteer platform – Do It Staffordshire. Here you can find lots of local volunteering opportunities.
If you want help setting up your profile as a volunteer, You can contact Support Staffordshire 0300 777 1207 or via email@example.com.