Advertising and Marketing
Advertising and marketing can be a daunting task. Especially now the digital world is involved, it's not just a case of submitting an advert to a local newspaper or leaflet dropping around a town. With so many options available which are either suitable or not depending on what you're trying to achieve, it's tricky to know what's best.
In our opinion social media is the best place to promote, you can reach thousands within a matter of minutes and it doesn't cost the earth.
If you are running a one off event or regular sessions within a community, we would highly recommend posting the details of your event or organisation on our newly relaunched Staffordshire Connects website. This is free and easy to do and once approved by ourselves it will be live on the site for Staffordshire to see! Aimed at anyone from children, families, SEND, adults and communities – if you provide a service or group you can add your details to our directory for people to find.
To make an account for your organisation, go onto the Staffordshire Connects website and follow these steps:
- Choose the 'register' option from the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter some basic details to create your account, including the email address you wish to be associated with the account (preferably a work / organisation one).
- Keep the page open and check your email inbox for an activation code. Copy this into the registration form.
- Once your account has been activated, sign in for the first time using your email and password.
To add a directory record:
- Select 'Manage your local services listings'.
- Choose '+ Create a new directory record'.
- Provide details for the listing, which must include a title and description.
- You can also add optional details such as contacts, social media links, websites, venues, costs, timings, and even upload a logo, pictures, and documents.
- Save your record. It will then be submitted for review by our team, and once approved will be listed on the site.
Advertising on your website
Running a website can cost money, and one way of making that back is by having advertising on your website. You can approach businesses and organisations individually and agree a fee for you placing their contact information on your site, or you can have an external provider manage these.
One of the most commonly used tools for this is Google Adsense. This video is a tutorial that explains how to use this to get adverts on your WordPress site.
The powers of social media are well worth mentioning in this section. Even without paying for boosts, general posts and comments spread through digital word-of-mouth.