Over recent months the customer services digital team at Staffordshire County Council have been working with their counterparts at Staffordshire Police to promote myStaffs and the new Staffordshire Connects website across the police force.
Staffordshire Police have welcomed the inclusion of these services on officers’ mobile devices, and will prove to be a useful signposting tool for them in the following areas:
- Drug and alcohol advice
- Benefits support
- Domestic abuse service and support
- Mental health support
- Voluntary and charitable organisations
- Things to do – Leisure activities, community groups, lunch clubs
- Volunteering, community, befriending groups and activities
- Housing, financial, and legal advice
- Health and wellbeing services
- Children’s services
- Parenting services
- Keeping safe and crime prevention advice
Police officers across the county will now be able to encourage the uptake and usage of these digital tools to benefit the residents of Staffordshire.
This partnership mirrors that between the county council and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service, with a section devoted to ‘Fire & Rescue’ developed earlier in the year.