Office 365 is coming!
As part of our Smart Working initiative, Office 365 seems like the perfect next step to help not only address and help with some of the issues SCC staff experience in their day-to-day working, but also encourage flexible working whilst keeping staff connected across the county.
The main benefits of Office 365 for SCC are:
- Efficient and flexible working
- Access everything from anywhere
- Choice of communication options to suit you
- Collaborate and co-author internally and externally
- Work together in real time
- Latest version of the Office suite
- Reduce email attachments with links to live documents
- Virtual meet up anywhere at anytime – no need to rely on meeting rooms or travel
- Same experience across all devices
- Single sign on – no more multiple passwords
To enable the roll out, local IT consultation company risual have been involved since the beginning to help establish the training and support required. From skill surveys to personas based on the various services within SCC, a plan has now been built to ensure that all skill sets will have the support and the relevant 365 applications they need – whether they are in Fostering & Adoption, Customer Services or a Ranger.
The introduction of Office 365 to all staff will be a challenge but it is something that we are well planned for with many expertise on board to help with any of the challenges that arise. Not only do we have staff from IT and Digital, we have recruited a group of staff from across all services to become Office 365 Champions. These members of staff already have an interest in IT and a good skill set that can be trained just that little bit more so they are around to be a helping hand for staff that might need some extra help with adjusting to the new software.
The roll out is due to begin end of September/beginning of October.