Introducing Smart Working
Key areas of smart working
Key areas of smart working include:
- Maximising our current technology
- Making best use of our physical spaces
- Understanding how our systems and processes can support us all to work more flexibly
Moving to phase 2
Phase 1 of smart working was ‘when and where we work’. We are now moving focus to phase 2: ‘how’ we work.
Meeting our strategic objective should enable us to:
- Meet our demand better
- Work much more proactively with communities (people helping people)
- Make smarter decisions about use of resources (commercial)
- Achieve our ambitions to become a smart county
- Develop Digital Champion network to embed new technology and ways of working
Digital is supporting Smart Working to equip us with the right tools to make us a Smart Council and Digital First.
The next step within the Smart Working programme is the implementation of Office 365 across the county council.